Warning: this blog post is me being salty. Please be aware the salt levels are off the charts here. Its February 20th, 2015 and this all happened around my birthday August 21st of last year. Its also 3am and this is the time when my emotions get the best of me. My first semester of college I was put into an over assigned dorm room. Basically 3 girls, in a two bedroom dorm. I was excited because I thought I would have two best friends I would get to live with and go to Trueblood (dinning hall) with. The day I met you, you both were really nice to me (later ill find out you were only nice to me only because your mom and dad were there). Once I said goodbye to my mother, I walked back to the dorm, signed in to the building and went up to the 14th floor to our dorm, I walked in and you guys were playing that Jhene Aiko song that always made me cringe because you’d play it on loop for HOURS!
You both just looked at me and scoffed. OK, what did I do to you to make you angry? or all of a sudden hate me? a couple of hours later you both left to go to a party, hold up girls, we just moved into college and you’re already ready to go and party? I can see into the future ladies and I can already tell how this semester is gonna go for you. I stayed in my dorm that night, crying cause unlike you i missed my parents, yeah they can be annoying, but you still love them no matter what, i wouldn’t be in college if it wasn’t for my parents. I also stayed in my dorm cause I finally had WiFi ( i didn’t have any in my house, so naturally I was fucking stoked) After about a week and a half, I’ve had it with you two, you’ve gone too far at times with me and all I did was tried to be nice to you. I would go to the Hub Lounge and call my mom and cry, I also went to my RA and talked to her about how you’ve been treating me, I was in there for about an hour just crying. That moment just brings flash backs from high school of me crying my eyes out because Leslie, Yasmeen, Kaylin, or Aminah called me fat, stupid, or not good enough. You guys were just like a combination of those four awful girls who in just three years of high school destroyed every shred of self-esteem I had, and its pretty funny cause I still can’t recuperate from the damage they did (but that’s another story for another time) One day one of you told me you got a call from housing saying that you could move out (I contracted second and she contracted last, I was not obligated to move out, you were and i wont ever forget this conversation) “Hey, Esmeralda, Did you want to move out?” “Uhm, no. I didn’t contract last. I shouldn’t be the one to move out”. “well I think you should move out” REALLY? YOU’RE THE ONE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO MOVE OUT! “ugh, yeah i guess I could leave you guys. I see you both get along very well and I wouldn’t want to break that up” “okay they said you could move out today” “okay??? ill head down to the office now and get the paperwork done and get my keys for my new room” “cool ill go with you, I wanna help you leave faster” Girl, really? Really Girl? A few hours later I had my keys for my new room and was packing up my boxes and the rest if my shit. I can see your evil smiles as you watched me struggle with a box. After a short time, you guys just decided to help me pack up and move all my stuff from the 14th floor to the fifth floor, which really surprised me but not too much cause I knew you guys wanted me gone. Halfway through moving into my new room I met my new roommate, Angela, guys Angela is possibly the sweetest and awesomest girl around, I’m so glad she is currently my roommate. She introduced herself to me and my roommates and as my roommates were walking out of my new room they noticed a bowl of snacks that was Angela’s. “oh Girl i see you got some snacks!” “yeah I do” “Is this for anyone to grab?” “ughhhhhh sure!?” She readily grabs a bag of Cheez-Its, Like, GIRL… This is her room, like she has a bowl of food for visitors? really? You just met this girl and you’re taking her food? I’m sorry but that was really… You know, I’m being perfectly honest. I was messy, I’m still messy. Girls, you had a valid argument when you called me “dirty” cause I didn’t pick up my clothes and plates but i kept track of what I did and what you guys did: Here’s a list of things I did that we’re wrong
- Didn’t clean my dishes
- Left a cup of tea out for two days
- When I changed my clothes I threw them on the ground and didn’t pick them up.
Here’s a list of the things that you did wrong
- Ate my food: really? you have an entire plastic bin of Hot Cheetos under your desk and you’re eating my fruit snacks? don’t think i didn’t notice the wrapper to my fruit snacks in the trash can and I know it was you cause I haven’t eaten those fruit snacks on campus yet!
- Your friends would barge into the room looking for you guys and also knock really loud in the middle of the night just because they want to be little shits and wake you up. Not to mention they would come into our room high as hell smelling like weed and you would use MY PERFUME not YOUR PERFUME to spray all over them…. Really girl? you’re gonna pump 30 sprays on these low lifes you’re not even friends with anymore?
- You would go out drinking on a THURSDAY, you guys aren’t seniors, you’re freshman like me, we have class every day.
- You would come back from partying and throw up all that cheap jungle juice EVERYWHERE.
- You would talk shit about me, WHILE I WAS IN THE ROOM
- Remember those nights I wouldn’t come back and sleep in our room? You made the room such a hostile environment for me that I slept over at my friends dorm upstairs and even at a friends dorm all the way in Thompson Point.
- One of your boyfriends was worried you were cheating on him (which you weren’t, hopefully) and he contacted me on Facebook asking if I’ve seen you around with other guys. (i said i haven’t, he was gonna visit you girl, he was a good guy)
- oh yeah he also told me your plan you two started of trying to get me to move out of the room first because i was annoying.
All of these things are just bad and I cried a lot because of your jerk-ish behaviour. Now that its been an entire semester I can say I’ve grown since then, you guys still say hi to me on campus and i don’t want to be #rude to you so I say Hi back. But from what I’ve heard, you have had some beef with each other and even had a big fight in the middle of the night (your suite mates told me) Ladies, I’m sorry to hear you both turned on each other but look on the bright side at least you don’t have my dirty ass in the room anymore. As for me and Angela, we are so grateful we get along cause i just remind her of the shit i had to deal with and we both just do the friendship dance